Tuesday 12 March 2013

DIY closet dividers

This past weekend I was on a mission to organise Olivia's room, especially her overflowing closet. This girl has heaps of clothes. My friends and family can't resist buying cute girly clothes and on top of that gets a lot of beautiful hand-me-downs from friends who've had girls. Okay, I admit mommy also goes a tad bit over board considering how much clothes she already has.

I came across this tutorial to make closet dividers. My hubby commented after I completed my task: "Your love tank must be absolutely full.". Yep it was and I was very chuffed with how the dividers turned out. I offered to make him a set as well, but he kindly declined the offer :-)


Materials
  • Soft cardboard paper
  • Scrapbooking paper
  • Glue
  • Medium(ish) round object (I used a sugar bowl)
  • Small round object (I used a juice bottle lid)
  • Ruler (Or something straight)
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Pen



Process (For each divider)

  • I cut my scrapbooking paper into two A5 pieces, then glued them onto both sides of the board paper.
  • Using the medium round object, draw two circles as shown above. I tried drawing them as close to the edge of the board as possible to maximise the space.
  • Then draw a straight line to join the circles on the sides
  • Hint: Make the lines feint so that you can erase them easily



  • Cut along the edge to get an oval shape as shown above.
  • Draw a small circle using the smaller object. 
  • Hint: This circle needs to be a little bit bigger than your closet rail



  • Draw a line from the small circle to the edge of your oval shape as shown above
  • Cut through the line and around the circle
  • Then label your dividers.



  • Aren't they pretty :-)



  • Let's hope the closet stays organized!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. My boys share a wardrobe and I divide their clothes with different coloured hangers. But I could use your idea for the different items. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely much easier to find her clothes now.

    ReplyDelete